**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Monday, June 3, 2013

Channeling a loved one

Hello duckies! You'll not have seen me around these neck of the woods before, so a brief introduction is in order I'm your newest Love & Velvet contributor Kitty, and I'm bringing you my first ever post: an outfit of the day!

Fashion isn't only about freedom of self-expression; it can be sentimental as well. If you don those heirloom earrings that have been in your family for generations or your mum's 80s dress, you keep the people you love close to you no matter how far away they are.

In my outfit of the day, you can see me rocking pink, lace, pearls, and a wee rose ring all of which remind me of one of my best friends (and your head mistress of Love & Velvet), Sarah. She may be over 5,000 miles away but that doesn't mean I can't channel her chic and girly fashion on days that I miss her the most!

 
Pearl cardigan and pink lace skirt: Pie in the Sky
Top and belt: Primark
Satchel purse: H&M
Miniature rose ring: Miss Katie Cupcake


I'm based in the UK (specifically Edinburgh, Scotland) so you may not be able to find exactly what I'm wearing, especially since the pearl cardigan and pink lace skirt are vintage pieces. In fact, being typical cheeky vintage pieces, neither fit me properly. This brings me to my second point, which is that it's all about making the piece work for you. You don't have to be a tailor to alter an article of clothing to fit you (although it sometimes helps to have a basic knowledge of sewing) I simply rolled up the sleeves of the cardigan and belted the skirt snugly. Without having to break out the needle and thread, these pieces now fit my body perfectly! Sorted.

It is my dear wish that this outfit post inspired you to channel your own inner fashion god or goddess! ♥ I firmly believe that comfort is paramount, but fashion is an amazing way to express yourself without ever saying a single word. I challenge you to create an outfit inspired by someone you love and rock it in their honour! Be sure to post a picture of it in the comments below if you do :)

Cheers,
Kitty 


1 comment :

  1. ♥♥♥♥ I love you, baby doll. Also I am pretty much going to steal all of this.

    ReplyDelete