**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mixing Patterns

Hello, loves! Rachael came over today for some photography, crafting, swimming, cooking, and all sorts of other fun stuff, and I had her take some outfit photos for me because I just simply adored my outfit that day! I didn't wear it for very long, but I had to make sure to snap a few pictures before I changed for the pool!

dress: i don't remember! | top: forever 21 | belt: wet seal | pins: handmade by rachael, hot topic, class award | bra: betsey johnson | hat: ModCloth | socks: claire's | bracelet: h&m | shoes: ModCloth
I've had this hat for a couple of years now, as a part of my first ModCloth purchase (there was a huge sale, so I got the hat and two dresses, all for under $50!). I never really had the opportunity to wear it yet but I think it looks so cute with my short hair and works pretty well with the ensemble! I just love mixing patterns, especially two of my favourites--polka dot and floral! The butterfly belt was a fun little thing I got from Wet Seal forever ago and had some of the colours I was using so why not!


These shoes are my absolute new favourite, my pride and joy! They were one of my best ModCloth purchases to date. They were on my love list (which grows by the day) for quite some time, and one day I noticed they were on sale for $24.99, available in my size! Obviously, I had to buy them right then and there. I've been trying to pair them up with as many outfits as I could ever since.


Betsey Johnson bras are my favourite! I own five and they seem to fit the best and are so, so, so precious with the little bow and flower details. I will have to do a post about my collection later on. I thought having the cute bow-detail straps exposed would add some character and accessory to the outfit, and tie the whole colour scheme together.

Tomorrow is Monday, which begins a new week, so just keep that in mind if you've been having a tough one lately. I hope all of you enjoyed your weekend! Happy June!


♥ Sarah

2 comments :

  1. Hello! I found your blog through Modcloth's style gallery and I just thought you were so cute that I had to come check out your blog. I love this combination; the layering is creative! I'm such a sucker for anything with a peter pan collar or polka dots. And these shoes are just perfect! I'm definitely following along now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee, that makes me so happy! I will have to submit there more often :)

      So glad you enjoyed my outfit! These are also all of my favourite details combined into one--I really loved putting it together! Thank you for your comment! <3

      Delete