**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Semi-Sorta-Tutorial: Doll Eyes

Hello, my jelly beans! Now I've been addicted to watching "living doll" girls on YouTube (like Venus Angelic, who may be a tad annoying at times what with her "Is she being racist?" ethnically ambiguous accent and obsession with all things Japanese and Korean, but for some reason I clicked that 'Subscribe' button) and have been fascinated with how long some people like Anastasyia Shpagina or Valeria Lukyanova have this desire to use makeup to make themselves actually look like real-life dolls. I mean, what girly-girl wouldn't want to look like a doll, but all the effort and dedication seems a bit extreme to me.

At any rate, I decided to try it for myself one day (minus the plastic surgery and wigs) and make my eyes HUGE like an anime character or a cute little porcelain doll (since I already dress like one half the time) and here was the result!

(taken before the hair cut, obviously)
After looking at these photos then my normal self in the mirror, I feel like my eyes are super small, but at the same time, I did not feel like a normal human being walking around like this, even though it photographed well.

Let me start off by saying, for this look, WHITE EYELINER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND, as it is for any eye-enhancing look, so if you haven't already, you should invest in some, especially if you're a makeup junkie like myself. Besides using it on the bottom waterline you can use it on the inner corner of your eyelid and blend to bring light to your eyes!

After bringing that white eyeliner down to enlarge the eyes, you will have to make a black line underneath so you don't look like a soulless daemon (though, to be fair, you might still after the look is complete, just because you'll look like a DOLL). Drawing lots of fake lashes here is always fun because it brings back the whole mod look.

Top it off with a thick cat eye that extends far past the end of your eye and some fake lashes, and you're ready to party, or, you know, scare people a bit in the streets. Yeah, maybe this look isn't really for me, but I'm sure there are some of you that could pull it off just grand!

This wasn't really a tutorial, but I think you get the gist by looking at the photos.
Anyway, enjoy, my dolls!

♥ Sarah

1 comment :

  1. love that eye-make-up! I've always been a bit nervous about trying the doll look, even though I think it looks really cool :)

    thanks for your lovely comment and for following me, I'm following you back <3 your blog is really sweet, can't wait for more posts xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete