**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Liebster Award!

Hey, lookie there! We over here at Love & Velvet were nominated for the Liebster Award by Bianca and we are honoured! This definitely is inspiring us to keep on writing for those readers out there, so thank you so much for the nomination!

Here are the rules...
  • Share 11 things about  yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions that your tagger gave you
  • Choose 11 fellow blogs to nominate. The nominees must have less than 200 Google Friend
  • Connect Followers and be told via comment on their blog
  • Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers that were nominated 
  • Thank the person that nominated you and link back their blog


me in the best, most pink aisle in City Target
Now to share 11 little facts about me!
  1. I'm a Leo, and my name (Sarah) means 'Princess' (Hebrew origin), so you could say I have quite the superiority complex. At least I think I should be treated like royalty!
  2. Pink is my favourite colour! (In case that wasn't clear)
  3. Kittens are my most favourite thing in the entire world next to hugs.
  4. The key to my heart is good taste in movies.
  5. Every night, I sleep with a stuffed Pikachu plushie (much like this one) that I've had since I was 5 years old.
  6. I run an Etsy shop that is currently in the works where I sell handmade and vintage! Please check it out to support a struggling art student (◕‿◕✿) 
  7. I have an unhealthy obsession with plucking eyebrows--my own, my friends', my mother's, (even my boyfriend's sometimes)
  8. I have a super big crush on late '80s thru early '90s Christian Slater and his eyebrows
  9. I'm eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch dry out of the box as I write this.
  10. I prefer grey, rainy days to bright, sunny ones.
  11. I published this at first without making an 11th fact!

Now time for the questions!



01. What inspires you?

Ahh, so many things inspire me!! I live in the beautiful city of San Francisco, so just walking to class is enough to inspire me!

02. Top 5 Favorite movies

Once (2007), Amadeus (1984), Heathers (1988), An Education (2009), The Virgin Suicides (1999), etc. etc.

03. How do you want your life to be in 5 years?

In five years, I'd like to be married to my soulmate, possibly a mother, living in a big house, living the classic family dream, with some acting and arts and crafts on the side. Maybe even be a teacher!  

04. What is something most people probably don't know about you?

There isn't much people don't know about me... I'm sort of an open book. Pretty terrible with secrets too.

05. What is your favorite quote?

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." 
- Marilyn Monroe
"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles."
- Audrey Hepburn

06. What do you think is your best quality?

My ability to love so fully, unconditionally, and completely, I'd say. It takes a lot for me not to see the good in you.

07. Favorite Bands?

Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles, The Doors, and fun.!

08. One of your best memories of all time?

Definitely meeting Roger Ebert at the Hawaii International Film Festival in October 2010.

09. What are your pet peeves?

Oh gosh. I get so annoyed with people that say "I'm ___ years young" or when you ask the time and they don't have a watch they either say "a freckle past a hair" or "TIME TO GET A WATCH!!!". Biggest pet peeves ever.

10. What made you want to start a blog?

I'd been reading fashion blogs for years and had so much fun running Elle Fanning Style that I decided to make a more personal one that tailored to my own style and interests. Plus it's a great way to let out all of my teen-angsty rants and share my love of clothes with the world!

11. How you would describe your bedroom?

Pink and girly and fun!

My questions for you are as follows...
  1. Who are your biggest fashion inspirations?
  2. What is your favourite season?
  3. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  4. If you could live in any era, which would you choose?
  5. What is the background on your mobile phone?
  6. What is your favourite flower?
  7. Do you have any special gifts/talents? If so what are they?
  8. What is one really positive thing that happened to you this week?
  9. What is your favourite board game?
  10. What's a book you could read over and over again?
  11. Cats, dogs, birds, or fish?



And as for who I nominate...
I am still new to this whole Blogspot world, so I will start by just nominating my dear friend and fellow Love & Velvet contributor, Summer, on her blog Feminist Fatale!

1 comment :

  1. Yayyyy :) you're so cute!

    xxBianca
    www.xoxololita.com

    ReplyDelete