**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Saturday, April 20, 2013

DIY: Special Picture Frames

Hello there, my fluffy little powder puffs! Do you have a special someone worth commemorating in your home décor? It could be a boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, sibling, mother, celebrity, yourself, or hey--even your cat! Well, if you have a photo of or with that person, and want to dedicate some time and creativity to them, this is one way to do it--DECORATING YOUR OWN FRAMES!

There isn't much of a tutorial instruction guide to this, because you are at liberty to add anything you'd like to a blank frame and make it your own! However, I will give you some tips and suggestions for the activity by showing you what I did!


Here are some of the things I used:

    1. a blank white frame (postcard size, preferably) (I got mine at Daiso Japan where everything is $1.50!)
    2. some pretty patterned and blank origami paper
    3. stickers! ALL THE STICKERS!
    4. white school glue
    5. paint and a paintbrush
    6. a heart-shaped puncher
    7. and more fun things to glue on
My finished product looked like this!

...Tada!! 
I dedicated my frame to a photo of my boyfriend, Chris, and me that my daddy took (◕‿◕✿) 

I, personally, like adding a little "looks-like-a-kindergartener-did-this" sort of vibe to my artwork, but if you prefer something a little less messy, you can always be more careful with your placement of stickers, shapes, and sparkles!

To achieve this, I cut out the origami paper to best fit the shape of the frame, folding in the edges, then I glued it down. The frame was pretty enough on it's own but I wanted to add a bit of personality and customisation to it so that you would know THIS FRAME WAS MADE FOR THIS PICTURE.

The best part about getting a frame from Daiso or the local dollar store is that if you have a falling out with the person you dedicate your frame to (yes, even your cat), then it is no great financial loss--especially considering how expensive some frames can be!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this fun little teeny tutorial as much as I enjoyed making the frame! I think I will make more for other people in the future, maybe even my cat! Stay lovely! ♡

♥ Sarah

2 comments :

  1. This is so so cute! Great post.

    Bethany Paige (paigeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk) x

    ReplyDelete