**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter-spiration

Ok that's a really lame title. I tried, ok?

It's winter, and as I'm blessed to live in the wonderful country of Canada where winters are cold and harsh and filled with snow and ice (this week has decided to be 10ºC during the day and below 0 overnight so during the day the snow melts and overnight it freezes to dangerously treacherous ice. Thanks, Momma Nature!) - which I love by the way, don't get me wrong - I'm forced to wear warm clothing ALL THE TIME. Like, for 6 months out of the year I have to dress warm.

This is what happens: Around September it starts getting cooler (usually) and since I love the winter I begin to yearn to wear layers and knit sweaters and boots and coats and scarves and hats and mittens and anything warm and cozy and toasty. Then, by the time it actually begins to snow and we're caught in a long-haul of boots-only weather for 3-6 months I am sick of boots and coats, and scarves and hats and mittens only get itchy and I just want to wear NICE SHOES but I can't.

This often gets me caught in a Winter Funk consisting of wearing jeans and Uggs and American Apparel sweatshirts and nothing cute or fun or nice. So, I've decided that this winter I am NOT getting in the Winter Funk. I'm going to wear my cute and flirty outfits. I'm going to wear DRESSES and SKIRTS and NICE SHIRTS and NOT UGGS, getting creative with tights and heeled boots and layering to make it happen.

The other day I decided to not be ~*too dressy for my first day back at school and only dressed up my top.










I look kind of silly like I'm dancing right here in this picture but it's probably because it was 7:00 in the freaking morning and I was not mentally prepared for going to school and also listening to music.

Top: Forever 21 - cutest ever | Jeans: Forever 21 | Necklace: Forever 21 | Earrings: Forever 21 | Shoes: (Not shown - in next outfit post) Spring




I'm only now realizing my entire outfit this day came from Forever 21.....
I like this LOVELY necklace, it makes me feel like that's my alter ego. Or maybe my stripper name.

My inspiration for the necklace comes from my dream-slash-goal to own this necklace with my name on it. (source)

(source, source top, source bottom)

After scouring my Pinterest's style board for inspiration, I came up with a bunch of pictures that really inspired my outfit today for my family brunch (which was really nice, thanks for asking, until it got crazy, but that's pretty standard for my family). 

Dress: Winners | Tights: Ardene or Claire's I think | Cardigan: Forever 21 | Bracelets: Forever 21 | Shoes: Spring | Collar: Forever 21
Before cardigan and shoes vs. After cardigan and shoes (my face looks really tired and gross in the second picture because my sister took it from the top of the stairs and my face gets really weird if you get it at a certain angle re: dark circles)


The aforementioned beautiful shoes that are heeled and fabulous
I just love the drape and flow of this dress and the little dots and the fabric! And the pattern on the tights was so cute and was the perfect accent. They were also super stretchy which I like because I H-A-T-E saggy tights.

Makeup: Eyeshadow - Naked Palette from Sephora, Eyeliner - Drug store unknown brand, Lipstick - MAC in Lickable
















I am now being beckoned to eat homemade French fries. Ta ta
xo Summer

No comments :

Post a Comment