**Love & Velvet is currently going through some exciting changes! Please be patient while we figure it all out! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Primadonna


Hello, my little strawberry muffins! With the first semestre of my first year in university drawing to a close, I have been packed full with final projects--and not even my own! I've been lucky enough to be featured in several films and photo assignments for some lovely friends and students at the Academy of Art University. The lovely Krissy decided on a Primadonna shoot and I was lucky enough to be approached as her model!



We are blessed enough to live in the ever so beautiful city of San Francisco, where there is inspiration everywhere. Some of the locations we shot at were the gorgeous Fairmont Hotel, Juicy Couture, H&M, Forever 21 (probably one of the most beautiful stores you've ever been in!), and one of the AAU dorms named after the fashion legend Coco Chanel.






Marina and the Diamonds (or if you'd prefer her given name, Marina Diamandis) is a huuuuge fashion inspiration of mine, so you can only imagine how thrilled I was to be a part of this shoot inspired by her music video.

It is quintessentially me. Girly, glamorous, sassy, and oh-so-chic with lots of attitude. How could I pass up such an opportunity?? Despite it being a rainy and gloomy day, I kept my posh on and had an incredible amount of fun.

One of my favourite parts of portraying Marina was channeling her beauty by stealing her signature makeup look. All it required was lots of eyeliner, lots of fake lashes, and lots and LOTS of patience! But in the end I was very pleased (you can't forget the heart on your cheek!).

As for the hair, cute curls, some teasing, and a bow are all you really need to become Marina!



blouse: forever 21 | top: handmade by rachael | skirt: i don't remember... | gloves: claire's |  tightsunknown | flats: macy's | necklace: h&m | headband: claire's | coat: vintage |  bag: vintage
lipstick: maybelline
If you haven't seen Marina's music video for Primadonna, you should check it out to see the inspiration behind this beautiful shoot (below), and of course to see more of Krissy's stunning work, click here!



♥ Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment